I don’t know why. I’m not even sure what part of me thinks this is a good idea.
I want my astrological sign tattooed to my outer thigh…yes, in its correct color.
I’m not even much into astrology.
Edit: Yes, there’s some strange juxtaposition about mentioning an astrological sign JUST AFTER a sudden increase in mentioning Homestuck. This is something I’ve been mulling about privately for a few months now.
I have a rule with a tattoo. If I want one, I automatically wait 3 months. If I still want it after 3 months, then I’ll actively consider it. I’m now on month 6 (finances, go figure)
I am open to debate about this topic. Please don’t message me telling me to kill myself. Thanks.
It’s on the topic of so-called social justice people….
I would also like to know what you agree with about OP’s post, Pyro.
In the meantime, this is what I feel about the topic (which I wanted under a cut, but I don’t seem to have the option right now. Arrg sorry).
While I didn’t check out the links, there’s enough that I can & don’t agree with about it so here goes.
I agree with the general statement that the SJ movement is getting way too aggressive with spouting the same asinine shame that so many of them claim to be against. Sure, they’re against slut shaming (for example), and such, but what in the ever loving fuck is right about race shaming? Shaming people for not having some sort of triggering issue or disorder isn’t right either, and I’ve seen way too much of it on this site to just be a minor thing. I’ve also seen a fair deal of people knock other people for trying to overcome whatever problems they have, thankfully that has been very few. I read a lot from some people I follow that have one issue or the other that really commend and praise others for overcoming things, helping out other people in bad spots, or finding comfortable ways of coping with whatever & that’s good! Great stuff & I have no problem with that.
It’s when I see posts about “you’re white, you’re the exact problem” or “you’re a man, you’re invalid for this, this, or this” or what have you, and see that this sort of thing is acceptable to such a militant degree. That is the main point of conflict I take with the brunt of the SJ movement because is completely hypocritical to what they’re supposed to be standing for.
In the grand scheme of things, we are people. It’s the 21st century, why are we as a society still getting hung up on matters of race, gender, and religion (the religion I will expound upon in a minute)?? Yes, bad shit happened over the course of history at the hands of white people, men, zealots, whatever. These are things we should never forget, but bashing the hell out of people for it is no better than being a schoolyard bully, and aren’t we the same lot of people that say to fight bullying? To stand up to it? Why take the same stance as a bully to shame people because of their damn skin?
The same thing with the sexist view of man shaming, something else I see in many places, but thankfully not as much here. I see (or at least follow & reblog) a great deal of equality level posts & opinions. Sexism is one of the things really heavy in society right now that’s about 100% sure to piss me the hell off, so much to the point that I don’t find a lick of humor in sexist comments or anything of the like. Coming from a background that was also thick with sexism in both manners, I could go on for days about it. Knock this shit off, people of Earth.
The religious have caused a fair deal of shit in the world, most of the world’s high profile bullshit has been caused by religion in some way or other, no question. I, for one, am not religious by any means & I feel the world & we as a people would do a lot better without it, but I know many, many people in all areas of the world who don’t hate on gays or trans people, that don’t jive with the bullshit being pushed by their church or the government swine, or what have you. They haven’t once pushed their religion or bible on me or anything like that, and they never got on me for any of my views either (which would cause another mile long debate if I detailed them here, at the moment), and I know a lot of people aren’t like that anymore. I consider anyone who doesn’t act like a dick a great example of what their religion should be, not what the majority shows it as.
Believe me, I haven’t had a shiny, spotless background by any means. I’ve told many of my horror stories to various sorts of people & they’ve told me I’m damn lucky for being as well adjusted as..well, as I was when I was told that. I’ve got my fair share of bullshit inside to deal with, sometimes I don’t deal very well, but a lot of it I just don’t feel is fit for the internet. Maybe for a different time, but not now. What I’m getting at here is that I’ve had epic shit to deal with in my life, I’ve been able to grow past many things, but whether I have or not, I try to genuinely help those in similar shitty spots how I can. I try to warn about triggers if it’s needed, at least if it’s pretty obvious to me that it could be upsetting. I try to share what my experiences were like, sometimes something as simple as that can help someone. There’s helping & there’s hurting, I think people should just strive for the former more than resorting to the latter.
We should just treat people like people, as the individuals they are. Not of ‘this group’ or ‘that group’. There are horrible people of every race, sex, religion, etc. Don’t generalize and hate an entire group of people for the actions of a few.
Not saying anyone’s wrong here. I literally got kicked a few dozen times by feminists for saying pretty much this exact same thing.
That was last month.
I’m really unsure if this is incredibly impressive, incredibly creepy, or both.
holy shit this is phenomenal
i suggest you dont read the youtube comments
wow that was awesome please watch
Hello mindfuck. It’s been awhile.
people are boycotting the Kraft commercials for the “Zesty” salad topping because it features a topless man in compromising situations.
people are boycotting it because it sexualizes a man.
people are boycotting a commercial that features one of the oldest marketing strategies because this time it’s a man being exploited.
I will buy enough to make up for the boycott if they keep making those commercials
I’m so confused. This is the first time I’ve seen this ad. Okay, so I don’t care for almost-naked dude.
That’s because I’m fat.
I have a loaf of velveeta in my fridge, and dammit I like it.
I think being married will be lovely. Waking up every morning beside someone who thinks that you are the greatest thing to happen to this earth. Someone who cares about you so much, that they want to spend the rest of their life by your side, making you smile as much as they can. Being in love, with someone who loves you back, just as much.
This. This so very much.
Homestuck confuses me. I want to at least read it, but I’ve tried six times already (from the start) and I…
…never get past the 20th page. I’m bored. Is…there a point where it picks up?
Tagged by Akikohime
Okay, so I was. I’m doing this second, because…reasons.
1. What would be the ultimate concert for you to attend?
Queen, The Protomen, The Megas, Meat Loaf (back when his voice was consistent), Shinedown, TeN.
2. What book could you never live without and why?
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Captain Nemo refused to let God, the British, or the rest of the world get in his way. He was the master of his domain, and god-dammit you were going to respect and/or fear him. Some anti-depressants would have prevented him from throwing the Nautilus into a maelstrom.
I learned to not let anyone get in my way. Obstacles can be overcome. People who choose to let obstacles stop them are weak, I will not stop for them if they do not truly wish to rise above or maneuver around their life problems.
3. If you could cosplay anyone with no regard for money or anything else that might stop you, who would you cosplay?
A really detailed Auron from FFX
4. This is how the horror movie starts: You are on the T (the subway for my non-Bostonians). Suddenly it screeches to a halt. Shit gets real. Zombies, aliens, giant dinosaurs, whatever the fuck start ruining everything. Are you the badass hero who leads survivors to glory, the freakish loner in a bunker, or someone who randomly gets shot or stepped on or whatever?
knowing my luck, I’d either (a) first to die or (b) doomed to survive it all.
5. To what art form do you wish to devote your heart and soul? This includes photography, sewing, drawing, writing, anything that requires creativity and skill.
Singing and writing. Holy fuck I want to sing more often. I never get the chance to.
6. What plant do you want to be?
7. If you could be from another country, what country would that be?
8. Fill in the blanks: “I’ve _____ed _____ in somebody’s _____, and if found, then ____ could get _______ed.”
9. What obscure reference do you often make and what is it from?
Of the many references I make, there’s the Monty Python Travel Agent sketch, random Voltron references, God, I can’t even think of them all.
10. Here’s something for your self-esteem! Obviously you’re awesome because I have tagged you. Why do you think you’re awesome? Or, if you somehow don’t understand that you’re awesome, why do you think that I think you’re awesome? Also, accept that you’re the best.
Because if you ask me for help, I’ll give it. Or try to, anyway.
Tagged by Sephizim
I hope to God that Akikohime didn’t tag me with the exact same questions…
1. What is the one thing you’ve never done before that you want to try doing the most right now?
I want to break from my typical self-imposed stoicism (and yes, even at my more energetic moments, I’m still self-contained), and tell someone I love them.
2. You’re all perfect just the way you are, but all the same, what is one thing you would change about yourself if you could?
>.> <.< I’d never ask that my disabilities be taken away. Being able to run again would be nice…but I’d like to be more articulate. I’d also - if I could - give myself a prettier face…I don’t like mine.
3. Now that I’ve made you self-conscious, what about yourself would you absolutely never change?
The Auditory Processing Disorder. Sure, it causes confusion, but it made me who I am, and I mostly like it.
4. Imagine you get to do one completely and utterly selfish act without any repercussions or consequences. What would that act be?
I would either rob a bank, change a law when no one is listening, or a sexual act that I’m not willing to discuss online.
5. Same question as above, but this time, you aren’t restricted by the normal laws of the universe.
I got nothing. Sorry.
6. This is not a question about your pet peeves. Instead, what common pet peeve that other people display really gets on your nerves?
Your/You’re, to/too/two, they’re/there/their. Please get those right.
7. I have an undeniable weakness for incredibly girly J-pop and J-rock. Now that that’s out of the way, what’s your guilty pleasure?
I don’t have guilty pleasures. I’m comfortable in what I like, and I will answer almost any question asked of me in person.
8. The inevitable time-travelling question: If you could go back and change any one event, either for the good of mankind, or for purely selfish reasons, what would you do, and how would you do it?
I’d shoot the guy who put corporate personhood into US law.
9. Congratulations, because of your actions in that last question, you’ve created a time paradox, and the universe is slowly unraveling. Before the entire space-time continuum get destroyed, now that you’ve changed that event, how do you make it happen again with the same results, thus restoring the timeline to normal and saving reality?
Nah, I’m good.
10. Mankind has often wondered what the meaning of life. But life is so short that the only meaning we can truly find is what we do with our short time on this earth. With that in mind, what do you think is the best way for a person to spend their life?
Free (as they define it), happy (as they define it), and without regrets (as they define it).
I’m not tagging anyone. All the people who actually read this thing already tagged me, and I cannot think of any questions.